- Webinar recorded on Tue 5th April, 2016
- 0 hours 46 mins
- No Comments
Practical tools and strategies to drive employee engagement within a veterinary practice, using a strengths focused approach.
With learning outcomes of:
• The business benefits of managing a veterinary practice with fully engaged staff
• How having a Competency Framework can support the practices of recruitment, development and retention
• Best practice in the areas of recruitment, development and retention
• The Strengths Philosophy and how this approach is particularly effective at driving employee engagement
• The benefits of incorporating regular planned team and individual meetings
Alison’s background is in working in the Corporate sector both at the operational level and in a support capacity within HR. She was an Area Manager for a number of years with Pizza Hut UK, and Starbucks Coffee Company, which gave her a valuable foundation of experience to then move into a support function such as HR.
After looking after Resourcing for Starbucks for the UK and Ireland, She moved into PizzaExpress in an interim capacity looking after their Recruitment department, before starting my own business coaching and consultancy practice in February 2010 and have never looked back!
WHAT SHE DO NOW
We specialise in helping small business owners develop their businesses in the areas of
* Finance – understanding the numbers better
* People – helping them develop more effective teams
* Customer – ensuring that the right processes are in place to deliver exceptional service
She is one of the few Wealth Dynamics Performance Consultants in the world, this is a system specifically designed for Entrepreneurs. Through using these tools with clients we are able to create the right action plan and next steps for the individual business owner to take depending on their profile and where they are currently.
She have a team of 6 associates; all have experience of working within Operations and/or Learning and Development at a senior level within large organisations. We take pride in being able to take these best practices and translate them into practical programmes for SME’s.