- Webinar recorded on Thu 27th July, 2017
- 1 hours 3 mins
- 1 Comment
This webinar will provide a practical approach for the investigation of chronic diarrhoea in dogs and discuss the management tools available. Dietary management, various supportive medications and immunosuppressive strategies will be covered. The second half of the presentation will explore three cases of chronic diarrhoea. Chronic diarrhoea is a vast topic and this presentation really focuses on the logical approach to investigations and management relevant to the general practice setting.
Learning Objectives – hopefully we will be able to address the following questions.
- Which diagnostic tests should I perform? We will discuss the necessity, utility and reliability of certain basic diagnostic tests.
- Should we perform ultrasound examination; this is always normal?
- When is it necessary to perform endoscopy?
- Which diet should I choose?
- Are antibiotics indicated?
- Which immunosuppressive strategy to use?
- Are there any less common differentials we should consider
After graduating from The University of Liverpool in 2007, Anna enjoyed four years working in general practice in Kent, before moving back to the academic setting to complete a rotating internship at the Royal Veterinary College in 2011. Anna then embarked on her advanced clinical training in Small Animal Internal Medicine, also at the Royal Veterinary College, where she gained her Master’s degree and diplomate status of the American College of the Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2015. She joined the Internal Medicine team at Davies in September 2015. In her spare time, Anna enjoys running and playing lacrosse.