Areas of interest:
- Mastitis in dairy cattle and the role of the teat canal
- On-farm management of milk quality, mastitis prevention and control
- Ecology and epidemiology of Streptococcus uberis mastitis
- Development of resources for improved on-farm mastitis and milk quality performance.
Development / Industry:
- Technical developer of the SmartSAMM programme, the national mastitis improvement programme funded by DairyNZ.
- Secretary of the National Mastitis Advisory Committee since June 2008.
- Chair of organising committee for the New Zealand Milk Quality Conference, a bi-annual industry conference, operating since June 2004. Last conference was held at Claudelands, Hamilton in June 2012.